Thursday, September 13, 2012

Savory zucchini and onion cheese muffins



Savory Muffins I had tasted savory muffins in 2005 when I was visiting New Zealand.  I found them to be not only tasty but also intriguing. By  then I had not started baking muffins and also my baking skills were basic.  I thought once or twice how they could be made but then left it at that.

Finally i have made them at home and here is the recipe for  you. 














Ingredients:

Cheese
1/2 cup grated ( I used cheddar )
Egg 1
Milk
90 ml 
olive oil 40 ml 
flour 1 cup 
baking powder 1 1/2 tsp  
zucchini and carrot  1 cup grated  ( I used half a carrot and rest zucchini )
corn  kernels 4 tbsp , drained
onion
1  sliced
garlic
1  1/2 tsp  crushed
olive oil
1 tbsp 
salt
1/2 tsp 
pepper
1/2 tsp  ground
jalapeño 
6 slices finely chopped

Method :
  1. Grease and line a 12 hole muffin tray.
  2. Squeeze zucchini and carrot to remove all water.
  3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic till onion  turns soft and pink. Switch off gas.
  4. Add squeezed zucchini and carrot mix to the hot pan and stir to mix well.
  5. Drain corn kernels and add to the above mix.
  6. When the pan cools completely add pepper, cheese and jalapeños .
  7. Sift flour, salt and baking pd. in a large bowl.whisk to mix well.
  8. Now lightly mix the cooled mixture of vegetables and cheese to the above flour mix. 
  9. Preheat oven to 180 deg.
  10. In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg. Now add oil and milk  one after the other and beat just to mix everything well
  11. Pour this egg, oil and milk mix into flour mixture . 
  12. Mix everything very lightly with a spatula. Take care not to over mix it.
  13. Spoon the mixture equally into the muffin tray and bake for 20 to 25 min.
  14. Mine didn't look golden enough so I grilled them for 5 min.

1 comment:

  1. They look DELICIOUS.......a sure for my next try!!
    Thanks ur recipes are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete