Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chilli Corn Carne (Veg)


The Veg version is very tasty..
The other day I was watching this cookery show on TV. The hostess prepared Chilli Corn Carne. That gave me the idea to make Veg version of it or rather make it without the meat coz. it contained lot of veg stuff besides meat. So I was like let me try it withou meat. Believe me it was delicious.

Another reason was that she served it with Foccaccia . I have not mentioned in my previous post that one of the reasons for not trying out Foccaccia for so long was that I didn't know what to pair it with. I am so glad I tried both of them together and that day we had an unbelievable dinner at home. Both my hubby and my son gorged on it.

To my surprise Veg. Chilli Corn Carne tasted equally good with Parathas.
















Ingredients :
Olive Oil.   1 1/2 tbsp.
Tomatoes.  400gms.
Rajma ( kidney beans)   300 gms. ( 1 1/2 cup ) cooked 
Bell pepper.  1 cut onto stripes.
Carrot.  2 small chopped into small cubes.
Onion   1 chopped
Garlic.  4 -5 cloves crushed.
Green chilli  1 chopped finely
Cumin pd.  2 tsp
Cinnamon pd.  1 tsp
Red chilli pd.  1 tsp
Salt. to taste

Method:
  1. Wash and soak Rajma over night.
  2. Pressure cook with some salt till done. Take care they don't become mushy.
  3. Strain them . Don't throw away the water.
  4. Blanch the tomatoes . Peel and chop them.
  5. Heat oil in a deep pan. Add green chilli,  garlic and onion. Sauté till soft and pink.
  6. Add carrots and capsicum and stir for a couple of minutes.
  7. Now add all the spices and salt, stir and add kidney beans and tomatoes. Add a cup of water from the water that we had kept aside.
  8. Cook on slow fire for 20 min. Stir in between to check for water. Add more water if needed. 
  9. There should be some gravy. Adjust salt.Serve with Foccaccia  or any other bread of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment