Friday, July 27, 2018

Gobhi ghee roast

Since I saw so many people loving this recipe I was quite intrigued and was compelled to try it.
The twist is that I am a vegetarian so I decided to make it with cauliflower.
I have halved the recipe. Used 250 gms cauliflower florets. I have followed the recipe exactly except for small changes. I have used very little pepper. Secondly I added tamarind pulp only after cauliflower was done. I also added a couple of tablespoon of water while grinding the paste and also while cooking it.
So presenting my Cauliflower ghee roast. Trust me it is to die for. Next time I will try this recipe with baby potatoes.
Thank you Prima and Atul for such a wonderful recipe. My house is smelling heavenly because of star anise.



Ingredients:
Gobhi                           250 gms
Ghee                             3 tbsp
Onion                           2 medium sliced
Curry Leaves              1 sprig
Onion                          1 sliced and fried for garnish

Make a coarse mixture after lightly roasting :

Khus Khus                1 tsp
Saunf                         1 tsp
Star Anise                 1
Coriander Seeds      1 tbsp
Cinnamon                 1 "
‎Black Peppercorn   1/4 tsp
‎ Cumin seeds           1/2 tsp
‎ Green Cardamom  4
‎Laung                        4
Ginger Paste            1/2 tbsp heaped
  Garlic Paste           1/2 tbsp heaped
Onion                       1 small roasted and chopped
Tamarind paste      1 tbsp
Sal                             1/2 tsp
Mustard oil              1 tbsp
Water                        3 tbsp

Method

  1. Make a paste of the above  with little water. Mix 1 tbsp oil in the paste. Now marinate gobhi in the above made paste  for 1 hour.
  2. Heat ghee  on a pan. lots of ghee.
  3. Add  curry leaves and chopped onions.  Once onions  soften add in the marinating gobhi.
  4. Cover and cook on low heat until just done. Take care not to over cook the gobhi.
  5. Sprinkle water from time to time if needed.
  6. Garnish with fried onions and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment