Monday, August 20, 2012

Rajasthani Garlic Chutney

This one is hot
My husband is very fond of Rajasthani garlic chutney. I  made it for him using several variations but he was not happy. This April I happened to meet an aunt of mine , who is from Rajasthan, after several years. I asked her  for the recipe. It turned out brilliant.  I'm  sharing her recipe with you all.






Ingredients :

Garlic Pod.    1no.
Fresh red chillies (small)    6 to 8
Salt   to taste
Cumin seeds       a large pinch
Oil    1 tbsp.

Method :

  1. Peel and wash garlic.
  2. Wash red chilies.
  3. Coarsely grind garlic and chilies using little water.
  4. Heat oil in a pan, crackle cumin seeds.
  5. Add chilly garlic paste and salt.
  6. Cook till oil separates.
  7. Cool and keep in an airtight bottle.
  8. Lasts for more than 2 weeks  when stored in fridge.

Tip : I chop the chillies and crush garlic. Then it's very easy to grind it.
       You can adjust the no. of chillies depending on your taste.
       This chutney has to be fiery.

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats like a bribe to food.....specially for fussy kids like mine......














    ReplyDelete