Friday, September 13, 2013

Orange Ginger Tea

I had this refreshing and energizing tea recently during  my trip to Dubai. My sister -in-law Anna prepared it for my husband who had slight cold. I was little apprehensive before trying it but one sip and I was transported to another world. It was so aromatic and divine. This concoction is not only tasty but very good for cold and soar throat also. Enjoy it whenever you want !!
The water should be around 80 degrees Celsius. So what I do is bring the water to a boil and then let it cool for a minute before pouring it over the rest of the ingredients.
Honey can be adjusted according to taste.
If using it for cold , you can increase the quantity of turmeric pd.



































Ingredients : 

Water                 2 cups
Orange                4 slices
Ginger paste        1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pd        1/8 tsp
Mint leaves          8-10
Cloves                2 
Honey                2 tsp or to taste 

Method: 
Place everything other than water and honey in a kettle.
Boil water and let it cool for a minutes.
Now pour it into the kettle  and let the tea brew for five minutes.
Pour it into cups and stir in honey.
Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment